How do I know if my registration is complete after the deposit is made?
Your place in the course is reserved once the deposit is made. However, there are two parts to the registration process – the payment of deposit and the student profile.
After you have paid your deposit, please go to the student profile page and attempt to complete as much of the information as you can. Before the course begins, we ask that you return to your student profile to complete all of the information. The College needs the completed forms to prepare fully for your arrival, meet your specific needs and ready our staff to accommodate your stay.
Please email the registrar with any questions. We look forward to your time with the College.
What are the fitness requirements for our pilgrimages?
- We suggest that pilgrims be able to walk two to three miles at a comfortable pace.
- Most courses require extensive walking over rough terrain, a large number of irregular steps, steep hills, and uneven pavement. We suggest you bring a walking stick with you in case you need extra support.
- Supportive walking shoes are suggested for all of our programs.
- Courses may have extended bus journeys and some courses have off-road travel by jeep.
- This is a dry region; water is available for purchase in the College office and on the bus.
- The College does not have age limits, however participants over the age of 70 are required to submit a doctor’s certificate of fitness to the College.
What do course fees include?
Course Fees include the following:
- Room and board (three meals per day) from dinner on the night before course begins through breakfast the day after the course ends
- All transportation for field trips and admission fees to sites and museums.
Other costs directly related to course activities
Course Fees do not include the following:
- Travel expenses to and from the College (or the pre-arranged meeting location if course begins and ends in another country)
- Gratuity (we ask that you bring $150 with you to cover all gratuities for College staff which the College will distribute fairly to staff)
- Any beverages ordered at meals
- Extra-curricular tours or events
- Telephone use
- Laundry service
- Extra nights before or after the course begins (available on limited basis, contact the College for more information)
- Shampoo and creams are not provided. Liquid soap is provided at each sink in the guest rooms. We suggest you bring your own toiletries or purchase them at our neighborhood pharmacy located one block from the College.
What do I need to do with my release form after it is uploaded and signed during the registration process?
You have signed and uploaded the release form as part of the registration process. This is all you need to do for the College. You do not need to print a hard copy or email a copy to the registrar. If you are unable to upload the signed release in advance, you may sign and deliver the release after you arrive at the College.
How much do I need to pay for a single room supplement?
If there are rooms available for you to have a single suite, the extra cost is $ 25.00 per night, added to the base fee. The extra single room fee can be paid when you arrive at the College. If your course includes accommodations outside of Israel, the single room supplement may be more than $25. Please email the registrar to check for availability.
What are the best arrangements for transportation from the airport to the College?
Detailed information about this is available here.
Will I feel safe during my stay at the College?
The College grounds are inside the walled enclosure of the Cathedral grounds, often referred to as the Close, and, the premises are managed 24 hours a day by security personnel who control the front gate and the Cathedral gate and monitors who enters the locked College building.
What day should I arrive at St. George’s College and what day should I leave?
Participants are expected to be at the College by 18:00 (6:00pm) the night before the course begins. Departure is on the day after the course ends, and breakfast is included on that morning of departure.
Why does the College website quote prices in US currency?
Using the American dollar as a reference point for pricing is standard market convention worldwide and enables students using any currency to determine current market exchange rates. We welcome students from all over the world, and any questions about using your local currency can be directed to our College Operations and Financial Manager, Ms. Rana Khoury. email@example.com
Is there time for extra-curricular activities?
All courses are full-time. We try to include an afternoon or morning for free time as part of the pilgrimage course program.
Do I need extra luggage for the nights spent away from the College?
Each program typically spends a few nights in the Galilee. We suggest that you bring a small gym bag/holdall for your belongings on this overnight. Your regular suitcase and other personal items are kept safe in your St. George’s College room while you are travelling elsewhere.
Please email the registrar if you have any other questions. Registrar@sgcjerusalem.org