Ways in the Wilderness
The Ways in the Wilderness program explores biblical, monastic, and personal themes of wilderness as we visit sites in Israel, Palestine, and Jordan.
Content of the Course:
While the details of every programme vary depending on local circumstances and date, we would typically visit the following places during the course:
- The Jordan valley, where John baptised Jesus.
- The Judean wilderness, where Jesus was tempted.
- The fortress of Machaerus, where John the Baptist was beheaded.
- Mount Nebo, from where Moses viewed the ‘Promised Land’.
- The Negev, including the Ramon crater.
- Wadi Rum (jeep tour).
- Petra, the capital of the Nabatean kingdom.
- You will also have a chance to float in the Dead Sea and to worship with the local Anglican community.
Please refer to our course registration section for a list of the dates for this course. If you would like to discuss this course further do please contact us.